Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Me and my axe will bring the devil to his knees

Kitty told me that I needed to stop moping around so much. So after school, I went to her house. Across the street from her house was a field of horses. We climbed the fence and fed them apples. I hadn’t been happy in a long time. But I laughed with her. She had broken up with Adrian, and we were resolved to stay single and just have fun. 

We commemorated our new found singleness by dying our hair matching purple. Kitty shaved hers into a Mohawk. 
We hung out constantly, listening to ICP and talking horror movies. I also discovered a handy trick for keeping my weight below 100; bulimia. Life was weird. But nice. 

One day after school, I was hanging out at the back with my friend Kyle. We were playing around with his new knife. A group of freshmen were whispering about us. We were the scary kids. I smiled at them and held out my arm while Kyle slit my wrist. I looked at it. Skin opened like flower petals. Flesh and blood billowed out. I yanked my sleeve down and turned to walk away. 

I was in the courtyard when things became hazy. I looked down and a trail of blood followed me. Then I saw black. I awoke to the sports medicine coach wrapping my arm and holding pressure to it to stop the bleeding. He picked me up and carried me to the office. My parents were called and I was whisked to the emergency room. Several stitches later, I was home and would remain that way until I started a program for suicidal youth. My suspension lasted 3 days. My therapist met with me at school, wearing her suicide t shirt and letting everyone know that I was officially crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment