Thursday, July 22, 2010

I have screamed until my veins collapsed

Scott was kicked out of the pod. Our friend Nick pitied him and invited him to stay at his house. 

I was over at Nicks house all the time now. Once, I walked in and I could see the darkness in Scott’s eyes. He threw a handful of thumbtacks at me and started yelling. He felt that I had become too close to Nick. Which was ridiculous, since Scott was always there. I hid my face, so Nick wouldn’t see me cry. I jumped up and ran to my car. I got in and started the engine. Scott climbed on top of the car and told me that if I drove, I would kill him. I couldn’t move.  

That evening at home, I wrote a poem about my relationship with Scott. I wanted to get it out somehow, and I planned to use it for my midterm English test. 
Scott knew I had to write a poem for the class, too. So I wrote a decoy. I gave it to Scott to read for approval. I had to run everything by him. With his approval, I told him that I would turn it in for class. 

I had given Melissa, of all people, the real poem to hold on to. I submitted the real poem later. My English teacher called my house to check on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment