Sunday, June 27, 2010

Damnation and a day

Inferno

I was relieved to find that Steven’s mom was home. Nothing too crazy could happen. She introduced herself and went to her room. Steven disappeared into his, while I struggled to hold a conversation with David on the differences between death metal, black metal, and grind core. 

Steven reappeared holding this thing that looked like a tree stump with a face in it. I wasn’t completely naive. I knew it was a bong. I just didn’t know how to use one. I observed. It was passed to David, and David to me. Luckily, Steven and David were talking to Steven’s cousin Joseph while I fumbled with the bong and passed it off. 

I learned that night, while smoking and talking, that Steven’s mom was also Wiccan, but Steven was a LaVeyan satanist. 
David was pretty high and asked me to bite his bottom lip. Was this some weird metal foreplay?
I was pretty sure I wasn’t high, but I was having fun. I felt accepted into this weird group. 

Then Steven got a call from another friend. He was coming over and bringing his new roommate; Scott. 

David knew about our brief history and asked if I wanted to get out of there. So we left in his car. On the way, we passed Scott walking to Steven’s house. David forgot all about our mission to escape and picked him up. 
Scott was happy to see me. He pulled me into the back seat and kissed me. I was so confused. And ok, maybe a little high. 

That night was weird. We stopped at several parties. We smoked a lot of weed. I felt torn between David, who I was developing feelings for, and Scott, who maybe I still had feelings for. 
Later, at one of the parties, Scott asked if I would consider being his girlfriend again. I made a decision and said yes. He kissed me, and then reached for a blue glass bong that was handed to him. I turned and saw David watching me from a chair. While Scott was smoking, I crawled over to David and looked into his eyes. He touched my face, smiled, and kissed me. Scott didn’t see. 


Later, we ended up in my car. I dropped David off at his car and Scott and I drove to a park. I had told my mom that I would be spending the night with my friend Peyton. But at 4am, the party was over. So Scott and I parked my car in a darkened street. And we spent the night together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment